Recovering from Eyelid Surgery
Question: When can you see the final results from your lower eyelid surgery; three months, four, six or a year?
Answer: For those who aren’t too familiar as to who or why one would have eyelid surgery (aka blepharoplasty), here is the scoop: patients typically suffer from excess skin of upper or lower lids! This excess skin can lead to bags, droopiness, wrinkles and can even lead to impaired vision in some cases. Having the blepharoplasty procedure done removes the excess skin and will leave patients with a rejuvenated appearance!
For those who decide to have the blepharoplasty surgery the after care part is an essential part of the process. After surgery:
- You should rest quietly with your head elevated to minimize elevations in blood pressure
- Apply cold compresses to your eyes, which need to be changed every thirty minutes for the first twenty-four hours.
- Swelling will subside within one to several weeks
- Bruising typically disappears within one to one-and-a-half weeks
- The ‘After Eyelid Surgery’ stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery
The final result from any surgery can take 6 months minimum and 2 to 3 years maximum for the scars to face and the skin sensation to return.
For a better understanding of how an eyelid surgery procedure could benefit you, take a look at my Eyelid Surgery Photo Gallery.
How can I get more information?
Call now for your complimentary consultation.
You may reach us at the Chicago North Shore suburbs of Glenview (847-657-6884).
Dr. Laurie A. Casas and her team will work with you to develop a treatment plan for your cosmetic and aesthetic wishes.
Author: Dr. Laurie A. Casas, www.casas.md – MD, FACS
2050 Pfingsten Road – Suite 270 – Glenview, IL 60026
The University of Chicago Medical Center – 5841 S. Maryland Avenue – Chicago, IL 60637
Central Phone: (847) 657-6884