Breast Augmentation: Changes in Technique and Technology
Breast augmentation has been performed in the United States for over 45 years. The good news is that techniques and technology have vastly improved to deliver an overall high satisfaction rate. Today, breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures.
- In the past, the placement of breast implants may have been considered an extensive and complex procedure, requiring significant downtime and discomfort. Today, plastic surgeons know how to stay ahead of pain. Many women return to work within a week following the procedure.
- Formerly, many women were concerned about breast implants safety. Today, the plastic surgery community has culminated the results of long term research to know that breast implants are safe.
The performance of high technology in the right hands has also leveraged care, as follows.
- Plastic surgeons today learn delicate techniques with improved technology to reduce post-operative pain. Your plastic surgeon’s accuracy in performing a more refined dissection of the breast pocket to place the implant adds to the delicacy of the procedure.
- Advanced lighting and retractor technology offers greater precision during surgery with enhanced brightness and greater ease of use. Surgical tools are smaller as well. These advantages contribute to smaller incisions, less invasiveness, and less pain.
- Breast implants today are available in a wealth of options to provide a superior fit. During consultation for breast augmentation, women may try on many types of breast implants to help ensure the right look.
- Medications such as long acting anesthetics, sedation agents, pain pumps and Marcaine medication used in breast augmentation further reduce pain, muscle spasms, and inflammation.
In the end, breast augmentation techniques and the use of advanced technology varies among plastic surgeons. With over 23 years’ of experience, Dr. Casas has refined her techniques and incorporates the most advanced technology to deliver superior results for breast augmentation. She has been an invited speaker on the topic of aesthetic breast augmentation and breast lift surgery numerous times throughout her career.
How can I get more information?
Call now for your complimentary consultation.
You may reach us at the Chicago North Shore suburbs of Glenview (847-657-6884).
Dr. Laurie A. Casas and her team will work with you to develop a treatment plan for your cosmetic and aesthetic wishes.
Author: Dr. Laurie A. Casas, www.casas.md – MD, FACS
Click here to read all news from Dr. Laurie A. Casas.
Email questions to email@example.com and visit us at www.casas.md today!
Submit your own plastic surgery question!
2050 Pfingsten Road – Suite 270 – Glenview, IL 60026
The University of Chicago Medical Center – 5841 S. Maryland Avenue – Chicago, IL 60637
Central Phone: (847) 657-6884